Note: This page will get updated as I get new ideas.
What you'll need:
- Elf (I got mine for $29 at )
- Red envelopes from
- White paper
- Bad handwriting
25 Activities to do with your Elf
- Make Christmas pancakes (include either food coloring or sprinkles)
- Draw the elf a picture
Read a Christmas bookGet $10 to buy a Christmas book and pass it to a friend when you’re done!
Pick names for Secret Santa
- Get 2 boxes of candy canes. Share one box with the neighbourhood.
- Write a Christmas story (include a handmade booklet)
- Write a letter to Santa
- Surprise kids with a puzzle
- Watch a Christmas movie
- Sort through old toys and donate
- Decorate Christmas tree
- Make Christmas cookies and deliver to neighbours
- Tickets to some trampoline place
- Make paper snowflakes
- Gift of Christmas socks
- Write a Christmas wish for the world and hang it on the tree
- Build a snowman (include a snowman kit with raisins, carrots, scarves and mitts)
- Walk around the neighbourhood and find the most festive house. Give them a card or homemade trophy.
- Family hot chocolate night (include a kit with marshmallows + whip cream)
- Make an ice cream snowman (include vanilla ice cream and stuff from previous snowman kit)
- Go skating
- Gift of Santa hats or antlers for the family
- Open one Christmas gift of your choosing
- Farewell gift from Elf - TBD
My kids weren't too enamoured with the Elf until she started delivering her notes in silly ways. Take the time to place the Elf in a funny way to elicit some giggles from your kids.
Or, you can just do this brilliant parenting win.